Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Food Island

My friend, Melly (not her real name, and I don't lust after her husband, but she is just about the nicest and wisest and smartest person I know, so she fits the character in GWTW...Gone with the Wind...quite nicely) is a fellow foodie and introduced me to this concept of your food island. What ten foods do you love so much that if you were trapped on an island for the rest of your life, you could live on these foods without ever tiring of them (because you can't have anything else)? It's harder than you think because though there are foods that I love (e.g., pizza), I can NOT eat them everyday.  I almost never can think of ten. It's a great game because you can continue playing for years and off and on. Non-foodies don't get it.

Melly's husband (I am NOT going to call him Ashley) made her some of her food island foods for her birthday Sunday. Isn't that precious?

Today, these foods would be on my food island, in no particular order:


 1. Scallops
2. Risotto

 3. Filet mignon, medium rare
4. Snickers

 5. Cap City's Maytag Bleu Cheese Potato Chips

6. My niece's (Rita) mashed potato salad

7. Graeter's Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream

By the way, today I'm starting a concerted effort to "eat more plants." As my doctor said last week, "Eat plants for dinner with a side dish of plants and plants for dessert." Plants aren't really on my island.

What's on your food island?

2 comments:

  1. That's a good list. I think mine would be:
    Bread
    Popcorn
    Pizza (yes, I could eat it every day)
    Chocolate
    Chicken Caesar Salad (gotta have a little roughage)
    Diet Coke (I think we already established that)
    Wine
    Cheese and crackers (does that count as two?)
    I'll go with you on the Filet Mignon
    Baked potato (to with my filet)

    Sounds like a good diet to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I forgot peanutbutter?! What would I give up for peanutbutter?! Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete

Cool people occasionally stop by to say: