Friday, March 16, 2012

Three Cups of Tea

Book Recommendation!



I just listened to this as an audiobook. (I have a 45-min 3-day-a-week twice-a-day commute.)

If you have an interest in kids, teaching, mountain-climbing, girls education, 3rd world countries (or parts of countries), or world peace, you should read it. This guy was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize twice and that he did not win is a travesty.

There are few modern-day heroes. He is one. It is an excellent book and an excellent story. It was entertaining and informative. I learned a bit about the issues in the middle east that clarifies the problems with international relations. In addition, it humanizes the citizens of 2 countries (Pakistan and Afghanistan) that the press (in cooperation with our government, I'm afraid) has been unfair and incomplete  in their portrayal of. Given Americans' interest and investment in these countries, it should be required reading.

1 comment:

  1. Looks interesting. I have heard of it. I will have to try to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Cool people occasionally stop by to say: