Tuesday, June 28, 2011

4th of July Subway Art

I am totally into subway art, thanks to the gals over at eighteen25.

Not only do they show cool subway art, but they provide the pdfs for download FOR FREE! Gotta' love that kind of deal. So, since I'm too busy to really do any kind of crafty holiday decorating, I just download each season subway art pdf, print it at Costco, and put it in my big frame that I got at JoAnns with a 40% off coupon. Here are a few of my favorites:



And this next
one is a "filler" one they put up in May (I think it was May). It's my favorite.


Each  new holiday or season, I look forward to the new art they'll post. This 4th of July was no different, but I'm a little chagrined to note that I was disappointed with this patriotic piece.
Don't get me wrong. I think it is TOTALLY cool that these girls give away for free what a lot of people charge for on Etsy. I just didn't like this one.

So I made my own. Let me tell you, making subway art is a GREAT way to procrastinate. It took me about 4 hours total to create this:

and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with myself. Later, I'll post a picture of it in my frame on my mantel. I'd give this away for free, in honor of the example of the ladies at eighteen25, but I have no idea how. It's baby steps with this blog thing.

1 comment:

Cool people occasionally stop by to say: